Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies










Say hello to my new red best friend....



I got this baby for Christmas and I didn't even ask for her. My husband is awesome and knew what I wanted but wouldn't ask for.

My heart melts every time I walk into the kitchen and see her sitting there all shinny on the counter. If you were one of those people who said "psh, I don't need some fancy kitchen aid stand mixer". I got news for yah, You have no idea what you are missing out on. Just sayin....oh and just to put it out there that I am not cool enough to be one of those people who gets paid to advertise on their blog. I am not that advanced in blogging and kitchen aid has no idea who I am.

Lets get on to these cookies...










Chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies


1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt (I often use a half teaspoon, but I like more salt in my baked goods)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raisins chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).

Cream together butter and brown sugar until it starts to become light and fluffy. Then add an egg and whip until well combined. If you are using a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment. Then add vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together  flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Switch to your paddle attachment and then slowly add the flour to the sugar. Mix only for a few seconds until well combined. Then add in oats and chocolate chips also mixing for a few seconds. 

Now, here is the hard part. To make these cookies fluffy and crisp they need to sit in the fridge for half an hour or the freezer for ten to fifteen min. I got my oven to start pre-heating and then stuck them in the freezer and went about cleaning up my mess. Trust me, they will taste better.

I made my cookies large and baked them for about 11 mins. Just until the outside was golden but the middle is still a little under-cooked looking on the top. Let cool for ten min. and then EAT!

YUM!








No comments:

Post a Comment