Wednesday, January 25, 2012

.:Chewy Gooey Peanut Butter Bars:.

I cleaned out my pantry and found several cans of sweetened condensed milk. I had a little bit of peanut butter, some oatmeal, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Surely there is something delicious I can make out of this, right?

So, I started searching recipes with similar ingredients to get an idea of how long It needed to cook.This is what I came up with.



Stephanie's Chewy Gooey Peanut Butter Bars

1 cup of flour
1 cup of oatmeal
3/4 cups of brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup cold butter
1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
1/3 chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/teaspoon vanilla extract


Heat oven to 350 F. Combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, and egg in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or you can do what I did and took a wire whisk and used that to mash up my butter. Reserve 1 cup of crump mix and press the rest into the bottom of a baking dish. I used a small dish that was around 8x8 you can also use 9x13 for a thinner bar. 

Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Beat sweet condensed milk, peanut butter and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until well combined. Spread over partially baked crust.

Take the reserved crumbs and mix in salt, walnuts, and chocolate chips and crumble over the top.

Bake for 25-30 minuets until it is nicely brown on top and the mixture looks cooked through.( Does not have  the glossy unbaked look on top. 

Allow to cool for 10 minuets and then cut into bars. 



YUM!

Chewy on the outside, gooey in the middle.



No comments:

Post a Comment