Wednesday, September 28, 2011

.this is the first post.

I have no followers. Maybe someday, but I am ok with that. This is an attempt to record and document recipes. I got tired of handwriting recipes down for people  when ever they wanted it. Now, i can simply refer them to my blog, unless of course its grandma and then I will write it on paper in the prettiest form I can.

First I must give credit for the blog name to Rebecca Gray, childhood friend. She was always the clever and wittiest of us kids. Now she is going to be a lawyer and a great one at that I am sure. I had no doubts she would achieve her dream. Super hot lawyer wife, bringing in the big dough, and someday juggling kids straight out of a j crew magazine. I can not wait (:

Now, let's get this straight. Don't expect perfect punctuation. I am not here to write and publish a book. I am here to share with the world my ideas about cooking, and sometimes art. I was an art major in college not an English major.( Blythe can attest to how awful I was at "Words" last night.)

Anyway, I am here to give credit where credit is due. I am not one of those people who posts a recipe as my own when really I got the idea from a friend or fellow blogger. Nay nay. Cooking is about sharing ideas and enjoying the food you put on the table. If no one gave the knowledge that they had about cooking, where would we be?

My recipes and the modifications that I make to my cooking are geared towards my family and myself. I rarely measure, however I will do my best to give you an idea of how much. I love photography, and will take pictures whenever possible. But lets be honest, the reason I have not started a blog in the first place is because I don't like taking them time to do it. Soooooo we will see how detailed these posts get.

I realize that I am not the first person to do this. I also realize that there are people out there looking to make tasty things in the kitchen and I would like to contribute to helping them. Anyone that can read can cook following a recipe, and anyone that can smell can cook with their nose. It just takes patience. Something I didn't really have till college, which is when I first started being creative in the kitchen. I realized like everything else, cooking can be a blank canvas waiting to be painted on. So cut yourself some slack, stock up on the goods and try try again. You might burn, over salt, and down right ruin some things. But if you never attempt to do that, then you will never experience the joy when it finally comes out just the way you want it to.

Good luck(: now lets get down to the good stuff.

steph

1 comment: